Project Manager - Power Projects
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Apply for this Job
- Should have 10+ years applicable experience with large scale Power projects, including project management and execution, engineering and design, construction, commissioning and start up.
- Experience in coordinating multi-disciplinary activities and a proven ability to work across departments and workgroups
- Experience negotiating, managing, and implementing EPC Contracts.
- Experience with the interconnection process would be an asset.
- Electrical Engineering Degree or equivalent is preferred; candidates with a proven track record will be considered
- Overall responsibility for cost, schedule, safety, quality, risk management, engineering, construction and start up of the Power project
- The prime responsibility is to ensure that the project produces the required deliverables/meet milestone dates, to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost.
- Responsible for ensuring the project team is contractually aware of their respective responsibilities, scopes of work & deliverables and ensure that they meet their goals, deliverable deadlines, milestone dates
- Responsible for all day to day decisions relating to the management of the project including resources and skill required, implementation of project controls, making recommendations on changes to the specifications.
- Manage the progress vs. plan ensuring consistency with budgeting and planned completion dates.
- Work with clients to establish detailed project plans which identify key milestones and deliverable and preparing necessary project report (weekly/monthly)
- The project management, resource management, project scheduling, Implementation of HSE, quality control as per ITP.
- Coordinate with client, OEM & vendors, subcontractors, progress reporting, invoicing, design coordination, Procurement, installation, testing, commissioning of substation equipment from site start up to handing over
- Manage other engineers and construction manager to ensure EPC contractors adherence to standards,permits, performance, quality and safety expectations
- Develop technical standards, specifications, drawings and documents
- Manage day to day commercial and contractual issues
- Participate in the selection and negotiation of other engineering and construction contractors
- Identify, communicate and manage risk
- Responsible for project quality assurance/quality control
- Coordinate multiple contractors at various stages of the project
Should have 10+ years applicable experience with large scale Power projects, including project management and execution, engineering and design, construction, commissioning and start up.
Electrical Engineering Degree or equivalent
Currently available in UAE and willing to work in Sharjah
Same Company Jobs
Back to List