Tendering Manager - Power Projects
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Apply for this Job
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering preferably Electrical
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a similar industry field
- Knowledge in estimation works related to the industry (power related)
- Project Cost Estimates
- Weekly Tender Status Reports (highlighting progress on a concerned tender)
- Monthly Progress Reports (tender wins/ losses & indicating reasons)
- Studies, analyses and evaluates tender documents from a technical point of view in order to identify risk factors, ensuring that technical terms comply with the relevant standards and coordinates with the Division Heads and General Manager for the overall risk assessment and bid decision.
- Enquires, consults and coordinates with client & consultant representatives for specification/ technical and BOQ clarifications required for tenders and proposals and attends pre-tender meetings (if necessary).
- Presents during monthly management meetings to discuss/ assess tenders and presents aspects related to tenders (risk factors, bid decisions, all issues and concerns related to tenders).
- Soliciting and follow-up with the design/ drafting section during tender preparation for method optimizing in order to reach cost efficiency.
- Reviews and finalizes project cost estimates as prepared by the Estimation Engineer in terms of the required material as per bill of quantities (BOQ), amount of work, material/ equipment/ and manpower requirements during the tendering phase; this includes all systems, products and services to client specifications/ requirements.
- Prepares resource plans and provides such plans to the Plant/ Workshop to plan the sourcing of equipment to site upon project award.
- Liaises with the Procurement department to negotiate with approved vendors / suppliers and subcontractors for various supplies / material as per project (pre/ post tender).
- Finalizes estimation of all direct and indirect costs and consolidates tender documents for management review and approval.
- Provides all the necessary project clarifications/ information upon project award to the Project Manager as per the project budget; advises the Project Manager on contractual rights, remedies which has been taken into consideration during tendering.
- Advises Planning Engineers on project activities as per BOQ as needed.
- Generates weekly tender status reports highlighting progress on concerned tenders.
- Prepares monthly status reports as related to tender wins/ losses to the HO/ GM.
- Prepares and generates monthly progress reports highlighting tender wins/ losses (indicating reasons) for review and verification of management.
- Keep liaison with Project Manager for the on-site actual execution of projects and lessons learned to be able to prepare future competitive tenders.
- Manage and monitor the performance of direct report and provide guidance as and when required
Minimum of 10 years experience in a similar industry field
Knowledge in estimation works related to the industry (power related)
Currently available in UAE and willing to work in Sharjah
Same Company Jobs
Back to List